**Updated 7th August 2015***
In summary the APRA ( Australian Prudential Regulation Authority) wants to slow down the property "bubble" and the amount of "investors" buying.
APRA has set a target of max 10% growth on the banks investment books.,
The Big 4 banks has a 30th July 2015 Deadline.
The Tier 2 banks has a 31st Dec 2015 Deadline.
ANZ + 0.27% rate increase for all existing and new investors loan.as of 10/8/2015
CBA + 0.27% rate increase for all existing and new investors loan as of 10/8/2015
Macqauire Bank + 0.27% rate increase for all existing and new investors loan as of 31/7/2015
Bankwest - New 3 years rate special home loan for investor will be going up by 0.22% as of 25/7/2015 ( Going down for owners occupier loans)
List as of 7/8/2015
1. Consider smaller banks and credit unions, as most are NOT effected ( There are over 60+ banks/credit unions in Australia)
2. Lock in your interest only loans now...as interest only may not be avaliable moving forward ( Especially after Octomber 2015 when the next round of rules is set to come out)
3. Take out any equity you have now, as it will be hardier to take out equity later on
4. Plan ahead, and dont just go for rate ( this sounds counter productive) but the lenders policy is probably more important than rate as the rate can change and does change.
- Equity release/ cash out
- Secuirty they accept
- Servicing/ how much they lend you
- LMI cost
- Set up cost