Posted Friday, 07 August 2015 at 00:53 by Shape Home Loans
Tagged: home loans | Investors | Home Buyer | First home buyer | Hint/Tip | Loan for investment | Off the plan
Read more blogs...
Checklist for off the plan settlement and final inspection
Download our free off the plan checklist ( PDF) when you go for your final inspection. No login or sign up required. Click and go.
Version 4: June 2015.
FINAL INSPECTION CHECK LIST (OFF THE PLAN)
While all care has been taken in the content of this documentation, Shape Home Loans accept no liability for any loss suffered as a result of clients using this documentation.
Tip: Inspect the property during a bright sunny day, preferably during daytime/lunch time; this will enable you to view the paint job and any default in a better light.
What to bring:
- Sale contract with the full inclusion list
- Pen and Paper
- Measuring tape
- Hairdryer Or Phone charger
- A small cup ( Plastic one or your used coffee cup is fine as well)
- Camera or Smart phone with camera function
- Extra person for a second set of eyes and help
- This checklist
- Paint is not bleeding through. If done properly ( ie min 2 coat of paint) you should not see the color of the base material, this can only be check during the daytime, under good light.
Electricity/ Power point and appliance
- Test all power point ( with Hairdryer Or Phone charger)
- Make sure there is a power point where the microwave or fridge will sit
- Know the location of the meter box
- Check all light switches works
- Check all inbuilt appliance is there as per your inclusion and are functioning;
Tip: Ensure you get a copy (Normally it's in the microwave/ Dishwasher) of the warranty, insurance and instruction manual for each appliance
- Ensure that the hot water system is functioning - is the water from the hot tap, hot?
- Turn on multiple taps ( 2 to 3) at the same time and ensure sufficent pressure is maintained
- Half fill the sinks and remove plug and ensure water drains properly
Tip: When testing the water for the laundry tap there is normally no bucket or sink to catch the water, use the cup you bought or coffee cup as a mini bucket to catch the water.
- Check the shower screen seal ( on the bottom- plastic) is correctly fitted and there's no gap.
- Make sure the toilet flush properly and refills properly with no abnormal noise
Final run down
- Check there are no Stain marks on the carpet
- Check for any major scratch on appliance or glass.
- Check the windows close and open properly
- Check all blinds/ curtains
- For window locks / make sure they provide you with a copy of the key
- Check all door locks and make sure keys are supplied ( interior and exterior)
- Check the alarm system work and you understand how to change the password
- Check the intercom system and you understand how it works
- Make sure you know where the TV Port and internet ports are located and which ISP are available for this building ( Cable/ ADSL/ NBN)
- Are ALL inclusion as per sale contract included ( Brand, size and type of appliance etc)
Tip: You may want to measure out the spaces so that you can go furniture shopping - Ie fridge space/ Laundry/ bed/ sofa/ TV.
Lastly if you buy a fridge with a auto icemaker or Water cooler; you have to make sure that space is fitted with a plumbing tap for the water.
Enjoy your new Home or Investment :)
( Final inspection_Checklist_ Off the plan_Shapehomeloans_June 2015)
( 157KB - PDF)